I purchased these a while back, but I thought I would do a little post of them. I have been using them for a while now on myself and overall I am liking the results I am getting.
The Essential Kit contains twelve professional quality brushes for the face and eyes. This kit features all of the brushes needed to create a complete look at any level of artistry.
I bought the essentials kit so that I could get a feel for several different types of Sigma brushes.
The kit included:
E05 – Eye Liner Brush
E30 – Pencil Brush
E40 – Tapered Blending Brush
E55 – Eye Shading Brush
E60 – Large Shader Brush
E65 – Small Angle Lining Brush
E70 – Medium Angled Shading Brush
F30 – Large Powder Brush
F40 – Large Angled Contour Brush
F50 – Duo Fibre Stippling Brush
F60 – Foundation Brush
F70 – Concealer Brush
Some of the brushes I wish were a little more dense but overall that does not affect the way the brushes work, its just personal preference.
F40 is a fluffy angled natural-bristled brush that can be used to apply blush or contour cheeks and the jawline. (It’s too big to contour the nose with.) It’s quite soft, though, but almost a little too fluffy to give you nice contouring line. When washed and dried, the bristles splay out and the brush doesn’t retain its tight shape so much.
F50 is a duo-fibre brush that’s a blend of both synthetic and natural bristles. It’s very soft and fluffy, but it’s not stiff enough to use to stipple for me. It can still be used to apply highlighters and blushes (for a more muted, less intense look), but I found it too soft for applying cream blushes or use with liquid foundation.
- It was packaged nicely and the shipping was fast.
- They are great quality for the price point.
- Great starter brushes for any makeup enthusiast.
- Kit has all the basics so no need to go out and purchase more unless you are like me and are obsessed 😉
- I am not a fan of the smell of the brushes when you receive them, but after washing it’s barely noticeable.
- The brush set that I purchased did not come with a brush case or holder but it’s not a necessity.
Overall I like them. I would repurchase them in the future as well, but probably stick to the individual brushes so I can pick and choose which I want.