Versatile Blogger Award
Have you ever done a palm to forehead smack? Well, doh (insert Homer Simpson), I just did it! lol! I never really got the idea of blog awards (SMH) and then today reading a post from Breige from Beauty and the Best of the Rest today about her latest blog award it finally clicked! I remembered she had told me in a comment that she had nominated me for this award a while back and I didn’t think anything of it because I didn’t know what it was! Sorry Breige! So, now that I finally understand it (for the most part) I am going to fill out the questions and pass it on to some other deserving bloggers 😉
Here are the rules of the VBA :
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 or more bloggers.
Ok and now for 7 random things about me…
1. I am a cat lover! I have two cats at home. Pepper and Gizmo. They are my girls! Pepper is the young whipper snapper who is lively to say the least. She is a black and white tabby, about three years old and very young in comparison to Gizmo. Gizmo is my little black fur ball! I am not quite sure what cat breed she is, if I had to guess she is most likely a mix of several maybe one being a ragdoll because she is definitely one floppy cat! HAHA! As a kid we used to carry her around the house all sorts of ways and she never got mad! She is such a sweety. When she was young she had two litters but the kittens from both died each time because she had not carried them to full turn. She was just too tiny 😦 every since then we have called her the mama kitty because she has always taken care of her human kittens. As you might have guessed since I have had this cat since I was a child she is quite old now, almost 21 years old actually! I love my kittys!
2. I am a mutt myself! I could say mixed or bi-racial but really its a little more complicated than that. But on the surface if you look at my parents, my mom is white and my dad is black so I will leave it at that.
3. I love to dance! I danced all through high school on my dance team and till this day if you put on any type of music you will see me trying not to break out in dance. 🙂
4. My favorite colors are Purple and Pink.
5. I have a BA degree in Journalism, emphasis in PR and minor in Spanish.
6. My husband is Mexican, so I lovingly like to call my son a Whackxian lol meaning White, Black and Mexican.
7. I am only 5’4″. I always wished I was just one more inch taller. Silly isn’t it? I just want to that perfect 5’5″ in my opinion lol, but I didn’t have much of a chance since my mother is only 4’11”!
So according to the rules I must nominate 15 other blogs. Here are the blogs I nominate: