We all know that it’s not the best idea to wear your makeup during a workout session, but you do it anyway or at least have been tempted to do so.
If this is the case here are some tips to keep you from looking like your melting- or trying to hard.
- Look for transfer resistant makeup. This type of makeup has a better chance of surviving throughout your workout.
- Choose a foundation that has a lighter coverage. The heavier the makeup the more likely it is to get into and clog your pores which could cause breakouts and make you look like your wearing a heavy mask at the gym or workingout. Picking a foundation that is silicone based because it will be naturally water resistant (or sweat resistant in this case) and less likely to get into your pores.
One of my favs is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. It had a lighter coverage than that of the original and is transfer resistant as well as long lasting.
- Choose oil-free products. Do this so that your makeup doesn’t smear from getting in contact with your sweat.
- If you are going to wear anything on your eyes choose a waterproof cream shadow of water proof eye pencil and of course waterproof mascara. You don’t want to look like a raccoon or like you are wearing a mask.
Currently I’m using the Dior Show Waterproof. I love the big wand and the formula isn’t too harsh on my lashes.
The Makeup Forever Aqua Cream is one of my favorite cream eyeshadows and is super long lasting!
- Sunscreen: Especially if you are working out outside. Choose a waterproof one. I like the one from Murad.
- Finish with a finishing spray to set that makeup for that added staying power. I like the Urbany Decay All Nighter